Outsourcing is presently considered the preferred business model for the development of companion diagnostic tests for personalized therapeutic interventions
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Companion Diagnostics Development Services Market, 2020 – 2030” report to its list of offerings.
It is estimated that around 80% of innovator companies rely on external companion diagnostic developers, mostly owing to the lack of the required in-house expertise. On the other hand, there are numerous contract service providers, offering vast portfolios of services for diagnostic test / assay development. Such companies are known to possess extensive technical knowledge, and experience in working with cutting-edge analytical tools and technologies, such as in situ hybridization (ISH), immunohistochemistry (IHC), next generation sequencing (NGS), polymerase chain reaction (PCR).
To order this 320+ page report, which features 120+ figures and 115+ tables, please visit this link
Key Market Insights
Over 180 players currently claim to offer services for companion diagnostic development
Of these, nearly 60% provide services for biomarker development, including biomarker selection and identification. Further, more than 25 companies have reported to have the required capabilities to act as one-stop-shops, offering end-to-end services for the development of companion diagnostics.
North America has emerged as the current hub for companion diagnostics services
It is worth noting that over 50% service providers engaged in this domain are based in the aforementioned region. This is followed by players headquartered in Europe, which represents 30% of the overall share. Within Europe, most of the companies (64%) are located in France, Germany and the UK.
Partnership activity within this domain has grown at a CAGR of 30%+, between 2017 and 2019
More than 120 agreements were inked in the last three years, with the maximum activity being reported in 2018. Majority of the deals inked were product development agreements (25%), followed by product development and commercialization agreements (20%), and mergers and acquisitions (17%).
By 2030, North America is anticipated to capture over 60% of the market opportunity
In addition, the companion diagnostic services market in Europe is projected to grow at a CAGR of nearly 10%. Overall, the market is estimated to generate revenues of more than USD 800 million by 2030.
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit this link
Key Questions Answered
- Who are the key players that provide services for the development of companion diagnostics?
- What kind of partnership models are commonly adopted by stakeholders in this domain?
- What are the various initiatives undertaken by big pharma players in this domain?
- What are cost requirements across each of the development stages of a companion diagnostics test?
- Which developer companies are likely to partner with service provider entities in the foreseen future?
- What are the current and long-term needs of different stakeholders involved in this domain?
- How is the current and future market opportunity likely to be distributed across key market segments?
The USD 800+ million (by 2030) financial opportunity within the companion diagnostics development services market has been analysed across the following segments:
- Type of Service Offered
- Feasibility Studies
- Assay Development
- Analytical Validation
- Clinical Validation
- Type of Assay Technique Used
- in situ hybridization / Immunohistochemistry
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Key geographical regions
- North America
- Asia Pacific
The report features inputs from eminent industry stakeholders, according to whom the development of companion diagnostics is largely outsourced, owing to the exorbitant costs associated with the setting-up of in-house expertise / capabilities. The report includes detailed transcripts of discussions held with the following experts:
- Anton Iliuk (President and Chief Technology Officer, Tymora Analytica)
- Paul Kortschak (Senior Vice President, Novodiax)
- Pablo Ortiz (Chief Executive officer, OWL Metabolomics)
- Lawrence M. Weiss (Chief Scientific Officer, NeoGenomics Laboratories)
The research includes profiles of key players that offer services for the development of companion diagnostics, featuring an overview of the company, its financial information (if available), information on its companion diagnostics-related service portfolio and an informed future outlook:
- Almac Diagnostic Services
- BARD1 Life Sciences
- BioMarCare Technologies
- Leica Biosystems
- MD Biosciences
- Tepnel Pharma Services
For additional details, please visit https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/view_document/companion-diagnostics-services/297.html
or email [email protected]
You may also be interested in the following titles:
- Companion Diagnostics Market (2nd Edition), 2019-2030
- Non-Invasive Cancer Diagnostics Market (2nd Edition), 2017 – 2030
- Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market, 2020-2030: Service Providers (Whole Genome, Whole Exome and Targeted Sequencing) and Technology Platforms
+1 (415) 800 3415